If registering the license using the Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange (SMSMSE) console the following error message is shown:
Symantec Premium AntiSpam registration failed on the server <ServerName>.
The product will not receive definition updates until registration completes. If a valid license file has been provided, the console will display that the license is installed and will re-attempt registration when the feature is enabled via the console.
To troubleshoot the registration issue, do the following:
1. Ensure that a valid, up-to-date Premium AntiSpam license is installed.
2. Confirm that the server has network and internet access.
3. Verify that DNS can resolve aztec.brightmail.com.
3. If using a proxy server, allow outbound secure https through firewall (port 443), for all users.
4. If using proxy server, see documentation for manually running register.
If registering the license manually using this article How to Manually License Premium AntiSpam for Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange (SMSMSE), the following error message is shown:
Registration server returned:404 Not Found.
The BMI configuration file (bmiconfig.xml) is not configured to use rules2 as the testURL.