Unable to use 'mode=prestore' (partition specific restore option) when deploying a Ghost image
If a command line parameters such as 'mode=prestore' is entered in the 'Command Line Options' line a message stating that a duplicate entry already exists will be displayed when attempting to run Ghost.
By design in build 1859 and earlier the 'As follows' option under 'Advanced > Partition' within the Deploy image task was not functional with Ghost images.
In DS Sp1a MR1- due out mid - August 2011 - the 'As follows' option under 'Advanced > Partition' within the Deploy image task is functional with Ghost images. To use this new feature do the following:
1) From the Deploy Image task click on 'Advanced'
2) Select the 'Partition' tab and select 'As Follows'
3) Remove the check mark from the partitions you do not want to deploy from the 'Include' column
4) Click 'OK'
5) Select the 'Command-line' tab.
6) In the Destination disk (-DST) field enter the destination disk and partition. E.g 1:1 is disk 1 partition 1. 1:2 is disk 1 partition 2. If the partition is not specified (:2 for instance) an error will be thrown.
DS 7.1 up to and including DS 7. 1 sp1a build 1859
Imported Document ID: TECH159167
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.