Changing a Clients IP address with a Sysprep'd image and configuration task incorrectly creates an additional Gateway.
Last Updated July 28, 2015
While trying to change a Clients static IP address with a Sysprep'd Image and Configuration Task, an additional Gateway IP address is added instead of replacing it.
- The customer created an image of a Console client machine (Vista) that was configured with a Static IP address. This image was created with "Sysprep".
- The customer restored the image to a different computer as a console task. This task included the "Clone" and the "Configuration" task that changes the target machine's IP address.
- After rebooting the target machine two IP addresses were registered to the target (Destination) machine. Those two IP address were the source machine's IP address and configuration task's IP address.
Apply patch 2288 which can be obtained by downloading the zip from the Attachments section of the article. This patch will update the following binaries to build 220.127.116.118.
3. Refresh the Winpe environment through GBW to replace the patched binaries. Follow below steps to refresh WinPE. a) Run Ghost Boot Wizard b) Select Windows PE Pre-OS and click on edit button c) Select appropriate WinPE type from the Winpe editor (WinPE or WinPE-512) d) Click on refresh button e) After refresh, click on OK button and close GBW.
4. Open Ghost Console
5. Run the “Refresh Inventory” Task.
Note - The above steps do not update the copy of GhConfig files on the client machine. To update the GhConfig files on client machines, execute file transfer task and provide destination path according to the operating system architecture (32 or 64 bit)