1 or more websites cannot be displayed correctly when browsing through the Symantec Web Gateway
Last Updated December 29, 2011
When browsing to 1 or more websites through the Symantec Web Gateway (SWG), the site only partially loads.
You may notice the following:
- The site partially loads, whereby some content is seen whilst other content isn't
- The site may appear in plain text, with no images or multimedia being viewable
To isolate this problem you have performed the following checks
- You have tried opening the website from another PC or Web browser which loads the same content
- You can load the website properly from a PC that bypasses the Web Gateway
- You have Whitelisted the website with no change to the problem
- You see the same problem when going to another domain belonging to the website (Eg, going to yahoo.co.uk instead of yahoo.com)
- You have updated the Database of the Web Gateway with no change to the problem
- The Custom Reports page of the Web Gateway shows that a Malware or Content Filter detection was reported when viewing the site, however the site has been verified as Safe, by the Norton Safe Web site (available on the Policies -> Configuration page of the Web Gateway console).
A frame or component of the website being loaded belongs to a URL manually added on the Malware or Custom block list setup on the Web Gateway's Policies page.
Remove the URL from the Malware or Custom block list that was manually added to the Web Gateway's policies.
Imported Document ID: TECH168689
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required to Subscribe