The SEE Active Directory Sync Service would fail to Start/Restart
"Windows could not start the SEE Active Directory Sync Service service on Local Computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion". In Event Viewer, under 'System' you will find an entry for the Event ID 7009 with the description as 'A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the SEE Active Directory Sync Service service to connect.
The SEE Active Directory Sync Service is timing out due to lesser Time-Out value. This could happen if the SEE Server has very low resources and is running very slow. You will find that the SEE Management Server/Framework/FullDisk takes a very long time to complete the installation or boot the Server to the Desktop.
1) Open Registry by typing 'Regedit' in the Run Command option.
2) Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control.
3) In Control, in the right pane of Registry Editor, right click and choose 'New' then 'DWORD'.
4) Type ServicesPipeTimeout to replace New Value #1.
5) Right-click the ServicesPipeTimeout registry entry and then click Modify.The Edit DWORD Value dialog box will appear.
6) In the Value data text box, type 90000. Click OK. Close the Registry.
7) Reboot the SEE Server. Once rebooted, the SEE AD service will show as 'Started'.
All Versions of Symantec Endpoint Encryption.
Imported Document ID: TECH168854
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.