Symantec Endpoint Encryption (SEE) Mac client is unable to recognize the Hard Disk on a Mac client
Last Updated February 28, 2012
When you open the SEE console on the Mac client and start the encryption process, you will get an error that the Hard Disk is not getting recognized.
Hard Disk not recognized
The client installation package which was installed on this MAC client is a corrupt client installation package. When you login to the SEE Manager console, you will find that there are already some issues with the SEE Manager, such as the the SEE Active Directory Sync Service is stopped or disabled and the last Active Directory synchronization which happened with the SEE Manager was months back. Hence the client installation package which was created from the SEE Manager with these issues would give issues on the SEE client machines, such as this one, in which the hard disk is not getting recognized.
1) Start the SEE Active Directory Sync Service and do a successful synchronization of the SEE Manager with the Active Directory, by starting the SEE Active Directory Sync Service from the 'Services' window. and selecting 'Rebuild Table' from the SEEMS Configuration Manager.
2) Create new Mac client installation packages from the SEE Manager.
3) Un-install the corrupt installed client package from the Mac client.
4) Install the new Mac client installation package on the Mac client and reboot it.
5) After that when you open the SEE console, the Hard Disk would get detected/recognized by the Mac system.
For all versions of Mac Operating System's except the latest LION Operating System.
Imported Document ID: TECH169954
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required to Subscribe