The user performing the installation does not have access to the certificate that allows the user to verify the signature. This may be due to a lack of Internet connection or a block placed on the CA.
It may be necessary to manually install the certificate required by CCS software as shown in these steps:
1. Browse to the installation media/files. In CCS 11, \Installset\CCS_Reporting\; in CCS 10.5, Installset\CCS_DataCollection\.
2. Right click on the CSISetup.cab file and select Properties.
3. In the CSISetup.cab Properties window, select the Digital Signatures tab.
4. Select the signer from the Signature list, click 'Details'.
5. In the Digital Signature Details window, click 'View Certificate'.
6. In the Certificate window, click 'Install Certificate...'. Proceed through the Certificate Import Wizard, selecting 'Automatically select the certificate store...'.
7. After successful installing the certificate continue with installing CCS.
8. If the installation still fails double check that the Verisign certificate is validating by repeating Steps 2 through 5 before proceeding with Step 9.
9. In the Certificate window, select Certification Path. If the Verisign Certificate cannot be validated it will appear with a red 'X'. Select the Verisign Certificate from the Certification path box and click 'View Certificate'.
10. In the next Certificate window select Details, click 'Copy to file...'. Proceed through the Certificate Export Wizard, Export to DER encoded binary X.509 (.CER) format, name the file verisign_certificate and save to a location such as the desktop.
11. Close out the Certificate windows and properties. Double-click the verisign_certificate.cer and click 'Install Certificate'. Proceed through the Certificate Import Wizard, installing the Verisign certificate in the 'Trusted Root Certification Authorities' certificate store.
12. Proceed with the installation which should now complete without issue.
Imported Document ID: TECH171124
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required to Subscribe