2. Open Puttygen, select SSH-2 RSA under Parameters and change Number of bits in a generated key to 2048.
3. Click on 'Generate' under Actions. (Move your mouse in the blank area to generate faster)
4. Save the Private Key and Copy the Public Key portion into a Notepad file.
5. Log in to PGP Universal Server using the SuperUser account->Open the Administrators tab->Click on the SuperUser Admin->Click on the + sign and copy the Public Key portion under Import key Block->Click on Save.
6. Open Putty, in Category under Session type IP Address of PGP Universal Server under Host Name and select SSH in connection type.
7. In Category > Click in + sign next to SSH->Click on Auth->Click on Browse and select the Private Key (.ppk file).
8. Under Session, give a name to the session and click on Save.
9. Click on Open to log in using root as user name.
Accessing the PGP Universal Server command line for read-only purposes (such as to view settings, services, logs, processes, disk space, query the database, etc) is supported. However, performing configuration modifications or customizations via the command line may void your Symantec Support agreement unless the following procedures are followed.
Any changes made to the PGP Universal Server via the command line must be:
·Authorized in writing by Symantec Support.
·Implemented by a Symantec Partner, reseller or Symantec Technical Support.
·Summarized and documented in a text file in /var/lib/ovid/customization on the PGP Universal Server itself.
Changes made through the command line may not persist through reboots and may be incompatible with future releases. Symantec Technical Support may also require reverting any custom configurations on the PGP Universal Server back to a default state when troubleshooting new issues.
All versions of PGP Universal Server
Imported Document ID: TECH171773
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.
Thanks for your feedback. Let us know if you have additional comments below. (requires login)
Subscribed to the Article.
Unable to subscribe
Thanks for your additional feedback !!!
Enterprise Support Virtual Agent
Rate Me :
Tell us more:
Welcome! My name is Sami, the Enterprise Support Virtual Agent answering technical support questions.