Problem: Client gets a zip archive file with PGP Desktop.exe in it. When trying to install using the .exe file; it cannot install and generates an generic error.
Reason: client should only be installing a .msi file not an .exe file.
Use the following steps to install PGP Desktop:
1. Start the installation using the .exe file, do not continue the installation when prompted to select a language.
2. Click Start > Run (Windows XP) of Start and type %temp% (Windows 7). The contents of the Windows Temp directory are displayed.
3. Locate in the Temp directory, a PGP folder. It will display PGP follow by some numbers. e.g. PGP2dd41.
4. In the directory, search for a .msi file. Copy the .msi file to the Windows Desktop or other location
5. Restart the installation using the .msi file.
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required to Subscribe
Thanks for your feedback. Let us know if you have additional comments below. (requires login)
This will clear the history and restart the chat.