CCS (Control Compliance Suite) on Unix times out with error: This query was halted before completion - Query timed out in command execution.
Last Updated January 09, 2015
CCS on Unix times out with error: This query was halted before completion - Query timed out in command execution.
The following errors may appear:
<IP Address> This query was halted before completion - Query timed out in command execution: sh -c "du -xk /root/Desktop/tools/vmware-tools-distrib/lib/configurator/XOrg/6.7.x @lt/dev/null " | egrep -v "/.*/.*/.*/.*/.*/.*/.*/.*/.*/"
Asset <IP Address> is unavailable. Verify that it is available and reachable.
1. If Agent based, then please verify if the Unix Agent is properly registered in RMS / CCS.
2. Check the communication between the CCS / RMS and the Unix Agent (check if the needed ports are listening and eventually if the firewall between the CCS / RMS and Unix Agent is allowing the connection)
3. Check network speed and performance of the Unix system at the time when the queries are executed.
4. Increase the query timeout value.
5. Check in CCS / RMS logs the failing command and run the command manually on the target Unix System with the user
credentials used for Data Collection.
6. If the command is failing on the Unix System then check the error message and if needed verify the access rights to Unix System resources of the the user executing the query.
7. Check in logs if the error message is indicating the Dataset which is causing the problem and run a Query from CCS / RMS collecting sample datat form that Dataset.
8. If all above fails, then check if you have latest product updates installed and reinstall the Agent using the parameter -l and check installation logs for any errors.
9. If still not successful then exclude the failing commands by configuring the bv.conf or bvAgentLessConfig.ini file.
Imported Document ID: TECH173223
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required to Subscribe