After Authentication has been enabled (ether DCInterface or NTLM) and SWG LDAP based policies are configured , various AD objects such as LDAP Workgroups are not visible or "not found" in Policies on SWG.
This happens for AD/LDAP objects which have been confirmed to exist in the specific Active Directory catalog.
The Authentication requirements necessary for SWG have not been met.
1. Firstly the DCInterface shown as Symantec Domain Controller Interface in services.msc needs to be running. Consult the implementation guide on how to configure it.
2. Secondly the specific user needs to have logged on at least once in the domain for the DCInterface to register the user on the SWG.
3. Once the DCInterface has registered the user on the SWG it will be possible to see the user or workgroups user belongs to.
4. Make sure that the IP address in the "dcinterface.txt" file is pointing to the SWG.
1. The "Authentication settings policy" under Policies->Edit policy->User Authentication, needs to be Enabled
2. The specific user needs to have logged on at least once though NTLM for the user, and the user's workgroup, to be registered with the SWG.
Symantec Web Gateway 5.0.x (SWG) Windows 2003 or Windows 2008 Active Directory
Imported Document ID: TECH175355
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.