4) If needed, reinstall SCSP Server as described in
"Begin re-installation of the SCSP Manager, making sure to select TOMCAT only" section from HOWTO42154 article (steps 9 to 14 should not be required).
Otherwise, start "Symantec Critical System Protection Server" service.
Situation C - SCSP server database needs to be completely rebuilt
1) Reinstall SCSP Management Server choosing to recreate the database schema, using previous SCSP Server install settings
2) Stop "Symantec Critical System Protection Server" service
3) Restore SCSP Server database backup over the new database created in previous step
4) Replace all certificate files and server.xml by the ones you backup previously (below are default paths on 32bit system):
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Critical System Protection\Server\agent-cert.ssl
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Critical System Protection\Server\server-cert.ssl
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Critical System Protection\Server\ui-cert.ssl
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Critical System Protection\Server\tomcat\conf\server.xml
5) If any database account needs to be re-created, you can find their configuration above, and use as well "sp_change_users_login" (see above for more details).
scsp_ops password can be then set appropriately in SQL Server Management Studio by following steps 9 to 13 from HOWTO42154 article.
6) Start "Symantec Critical System Protection Server" service
SCSP Server with SQL Server database.
Imported Document ID: TECH182047
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.
How to recover Symantec Critical System Protection (SCSP 5.2.x only) Manager/Agent Communication Without a Backup Database (SCSPDB), Using the Backup Files: "server.xml", "server-cert.ssl", "agent-cert.ssl"
Last Updated March 03, 2016
Thanks for your feedback. Let us know if you have additional comments below. (requires login)
Subscribed to the Article.
Unable to subscribe
Thanks for your additional feedback !!!
Enterprise Support Virtual Agent
Rate Me :
Tell us more:
Welcome! My name is Sami, the Enterprise Support Virtual Agent answering technical support questions.