PGP Universal Server's apache service fails to start after a successful upgrade.
Symantec Corporation has acknowledged that the above-mentioned issue is present in version 3.2.x of PGP Universal Server. Symantec Corporation is committed to product quality and satisfied customers.
There are currently no plans to address this issue by way of a hotfix or Maintenance Pack in the current versions of the software at the present time. This issue may be resolved in a future major revision of the software at a later time. However, this particular issue is not currently scheduled for any release.
1. Login to PGP Universal Server using putty (SSH Login).
2. Verify that server has been upgraded successfully by checking update logs located at /var/log/ovid.
3. In the log, you will find an error "Failed to start apache."
4. Type command pgpsysconf --apache.
5. Try to login to PGP Server Web Console.
Imported Document ID: TECH183614
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.
Thanks for your feedback. Let us know if you have additional comments below. (requires login)
Subscribed to the Article.
Unable to subscribe
Thanks for your additional feedback !!!
Enterprise Support Virtual Agent
Rate Me :
Tell us more:
Welcome! My name is Sami, the Enterprise Support Virtual Agent answering technical support questions.