A Control Compliance Suite (CCS) Update (i.e. 2012-1 Update) fails during the Application Server component installation. After the failure, the Symantec Application Server service fails to start and the CCS Console will not launch.
When the Application Server component installation failed during an Update, the installation deleted the Application Server's config file which results in the Symantec Application Server service failing to start. When the Symantec Application Server service will not start, the CCS Console will not launch.
Use the following steps to resolve the issue:
1. Browse to the following directory on the machine hosting the Application Server component:
\Symantec\CCS\Reporting and Analytics\Application Server
2. Confirm that the Application Server's config file AppserverService.exe.config is missing.
3. If the file is missing, download the sample config file AppserverService.exe.config.sample attached to this article.
4. Open the sample config file and locate the <appsettings> section of the file.
5. Edit the following line by entering the FQDN of the machine hosting the <CCS Directory Server> (SymantecCCS ADAM instance)