"No package could be found for the selected Agent installation policy" when clicking on an Deployment Solution Installation policy
Last Updated February 07, 2013
When you navigate to Settings -> All Settings -> Agents/Plug-ings -> Deployment and Migration and client on any of the policies under this path you are presented with an error message, which states that the corrosponding package for the selected policy could not be found. As a result you are unable to deploy any of the plug-ins associated with Deployment Solutions.
The link between the Plug-in installation policy and the corrosponding package were broken during the initial installation of the platform. The root cause of this is still under investigation.
1) Download the attached XML package and copy it to the Symantec Management Platform (If the issue is only occurring for a single policy only exact the appropriate XML from the attached XML Package)
2) Next, open up command prompt (If you have UAC enabled please ensure you are running as Administrator) and change into the following directory and then execute the following command:
ImportExportUtil.exe /import “Path to the XML Package you downloaded in Step 1”
"Be aware Notification Server Commands are case sensative. It is recommened to use the 'Tab' key to generate commands."
3) Once the above command completes successfully, open up the Symantec Management Console and then navigate to "Manage" -> "All Resources" -> "Package" -> "Software Package" and search the catalog for for the appropriate package name. Find the appropriate package name and then right mouse click on the package and select "Actions" -> "Edit Package"
4) On the "Add or Edit Package" Window, ensure that the "Package Location" is directed to the correct location.
The following are the default locations of the Deployment Solution MSI's:
C:\Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server\NSCap\Bin\Win64\X64\Deployment\Task Server Handler
Deployment Site Server Components (x86):
C:\Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server\NSCap\Bin\Win32\X86\Deployment\Task Server Handler
5) After you have made the necessary changes to the "Package Location", click on "Display Directory" and then "OK"
8) To finalize the changes made above and to ensure that the package has been properly distributed to any site servers you will need to run the NS.Package Distribution Point Update Schedule from Task Scheduler