Unable to mount PGP Virtual Disk after software upgrade of Mac OSX 10.7.4
Disk does not show up in Finder as a mountable drive.
Symantec has released a solution to this problem and it's been resolved with 10.2.1 MP2 and above which is generally available via https://fileconnect.symantec.com.
The following is a known temporary workaround for the issue (if you cannot obtain 10.2.1 MP2 right away):
This solution leaves the drive unencrypted but accessable.
This is done using Apple's Disk Utility to restore a PGP image onto an unencrypted and useable .img file:
1. Try to mount the PGP image by double clicking it or using the mount command in PGP Desktop. The first time you do this you should be asked to enter the encryption key for the disk. Do so.
2. Open Disk Utility. You should see a disk image in the left column with a name something like 'nnn MB Symantec Corporation PGPdisk Media'.
3. Click in the disk column on blank space so that no disk is selected.
4. Select 'New Image' from the tool bar on the main window. In the resulting dialog, enter a name for the alternate disk as you want it to appear when mounted, choose a size that's larger than that of the original image and enter a name for the new alternate .img file. Click Save.
5. Select the 'Restore' function from the function bar on the main window.
6. Click in the 'Source' field and then select the 'Symantec' disk from the left column so that it appears in the Source field.
7. Click in the 'Destination' field and then select the disk image that you created in step 4.
8. Select Restore to copy the data from the original encrypted disk to the new image.
This should create a non-encrypted, useable copy of the PGP disk from which you can retrieve needed files.
Mac OSX 10.7.4
PGP Desktop 10.2.1 and previous versions.
Problem with mounting VD's on OS X 10.7.4 (Mounted VD is not visible in Finder(Desktop)
Imported Document ID: TECH188695
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.
Thanks for your feedback. Let us know if you have additional comments below. (requires login)
Subscribed to the Article.
Unable to subscribe
Thanks for your additional feedback !!!
Enterprise Support Virtual Agent
Rate Me :
Tell us more:
Welcome! My name is Sami, the Enterprise Support Virtual Agent answering technical support questions.