2. Right click on ‘Altiris Software Update Agent’ and export the key.
3. Stop the ‘Symantec Management Agent’ on the affected system, from the Windows Services.
4. Import the registry key which was earlier exported, in the affected system.
5. Verify that the value for 'Install Path' for the above registry key is C:\Program Files\Altiris\ALTIRIS AGENT\Agents\PatchMgmtAgent\ PatchMgmtAgents.dll (considering that the agent is installed on the C:\ drive). If the path is different then, modify it to the above path.
6. Open the command prompt and register the ‘PatchMgmtAgents.dll’ by running the command: