How to understand the compliance by computer report type value.
Need to understand the various values mentioned in the compliance by computer report.
1. How to define the Category? Category is a column to sort the reports so that you can more easily find the reports relating to desired configuration management.
2. What is Non-security update? This is a non-critical Microsoft windows update which includes minor changes to the respective application. Example of a non-security update: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/advisory/912945
3. What is Security Tool? Definition: The Microsoft Security Tool Kit is to help customers protect their systems from common and dangerous threats that they are likely to encounter on the Internet. The Security Tool Kit includes tools that provide a baseline level of security for servers that are connected to the Internet. It also includes Tecurity patches for vulnerabilities that the Microsoft Security Response Center has determined to be of potentially high severity for systems that are connected to the Internet. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd277390.aspx
4. What is a Security update? Definition: A security update is a widely released fix for a product-specific, security-related vulnerability. Security vulnerabilities are rated based on their severity. The severity rating is indicated in the Microsoft security bulletin as critical, important, moderate, or low.
Additional information: Microsoft security updates are available for customers to download and are accompanied by two documents: a security bulletin and a Microsoft Knowledge Base article. For more information about the format of Microsoft Knowledge Base articles for Microsoft security updates, open the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/824689 - Description of the format of Microsoft Knowledge Base articles for Microsoft Security Updates.
5. What is a Service Pack? Definition: A software update is any update, update rollup, service pack, feature pack, critical update, security update, or hotfix that is used to improve or to fix a software product that is released by Microsoft Corporation.
6. Based on what standards to define and distinguish the Non-security update, the Security Tool, the Security update and the Service Pack. Answer: This has been defined from the above information given by the Microsoft.
7.1 SP1, SP2, MP1.x, 7.5 and 7.5 SP1
Imported Document ID: TECH199556
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.