When you try to add new user to existing PGP NetShare folder, you receive the following error:
Check the following:
1. All of the keys are Verified including the key for new user.
2. Check if adding new key is being performed by an Admin or Group Admin user role user. A User role will not allow you to add a new key.
Admin: Create only one Admin per PGP NetShare protected folder. This role has full read/write rights to the folder, can add and remove users, assign roles to other users, and can promote another user to be the Admin.
Group Admin: Create as many Group Admins as you need for each PGP NetShare protected folder. This role has full read/write rights to the folder, can add and remove users, and assign roles to other users.
User: Create as many Users as you need for each PGP NetShare protected folder. This role has full read/write rights to the folder.
3. Check if the PGP NetShare folder includes expired or disabled users. If either exist, remove the keys for those users.
4. Confirm if the Group Key or ADK has been used to encrypt the PGP NetShare folder.
5. Activate and check debug logs for PGP Desktop for further troubleshooting. Click here for an article to enable debug logging for PGP Desktop.
6. As the last resort, if the PGP NetShare folder is not large in size, you can create a new PGP NetShare folder and add all of the user keys again one by one.
Imported Document ID: TECH199705
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.