Client machines crash when Software Update Plug-in is initialized giving the "Unhandled 'Access Violation' " exception in the Patch Management Plug-in. . These can been seen in the report 'Components with Faults:' (Reports > All Reports > Notification Server Management > Agent > Faults > Component with faults. The following components have shown the issue:
Two types of exceptions in fault details:
1) Exception - Access Violation: C0000005
2) Exception - Access Violation: 00000000
The PointFix provided will update the version of the Software Update Plug-in and will require the agent to be rolled out to all affected client systems.
Installed 7.1 SP2 Platform.
HOW TO INSTALL THIS POINTFIX
1. Extract files from the archive to the NS hard drive.Make sure PointFix is not extracted to Altiris install directory (or any subfolder to it). Archive password is “symantec”
2. Execute PFInstaller.exe with administrative privileges (right-click > Run as administrator).
3. Accept UAC (User Account Control) prompt, select Install Files. Old binaries will be automatically backuped to the Backup folder at the same location where PFinstaller is and replaced with the new ones. Log-file Log.txt will be created at the same location where PFinstaller is.