What is the "Best Practice" to Permanently Decommission a Site Server?
The best practice to permanently decommission a Site Server is to do it from the SMP Console as follows:
1. Go to - Settings > Notification Server > Site Server Settings
2. In the Left Panel navigate to - Site Management > Site Servers > 'Site Server Name'
3. Reassign all sites/agents/Subnets that are assigned to the Site Server to another Site server or the NS.
4. In the Left Panel navigate to - Site Management > Site Servers > 'Site Server Name' >Services
5. In the Main Panel, entitled 'Site Server Name' Site Services, - Select Install/Remove Services
6. In the pop up window uncheck the service to uninstall, click Next, in the Confirmation windows, click OK.
7. In the Left Panel navigate up to - Site Management > Site Servers
8. In the Main Panel entitled Site Servers, under Detailed Information, select the Site Server and remove it.
Once these steps are completed, The Notification Server will no longer refer clients to the Site Server. However, be aware the process will not be complete until the Delta Resource Membership update schedule has run and the affected site server checks in for a configuration update. At that point it will be told to uninstall its agents and become a managed computer.
Applies To Symantec Management Platform 7.x
Imported Document ID: TECH214063
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.