When working on the Symantec Management Platform (SMP), when SMP resources are associated with a Change Management or Incident Management ticket, the links to access the two types (Incident or Change), function differently. One opens in a new window and the other opens in the same window. To see the error:
1. Login to Servicedesk and create Change & Incident Tickets. Make sure they have associated equipment selections.
2. Login to SMP Console
3. Click Manage, Select Computers
4. Expand Organizational View>Expand Default > Expand All resources> Expand Network Resource, Click Computer (using the same equipment associated in step 1)
5. Right-Click & Show Changes Report > Click on the URL to View Change
6. Right-Click & Show Incident Report > Click on the URL to View Incident
You will note that the Incident Link opens in a new window, as expected, but the change request does not.
Both the Links should Open in a New Tab
Incorrect reference in the ServiceDesk_reports.config on the SMP
There is an updated ServiceDesk_reports.config file that has been tested & confirmed to resolve the issue. The file is found here, and also in KB TECH212326.
To apply the fix:
1. Go to %programfiles%\Altiris\ServiceDesk\Config and backup the existing ServiceDesk_reports.config file.
2. Copy the new ServiceDesk_reports.config file into this location.
3. In a command prompt window go to %programfiles%\Altiris\Notification Server\Bin.
4. Run the following command aexconfig /configure "C:\program files\Altiris\ServiceDesk\Config\ServiceDesk.config"