Servicedesk Change Ticket and Incident Ticket URL Link Behavior is Different on Symantec Management Platform
Last Updated February 05, 2014
When working on the Symantec Management Platform (SMP), when SMP resources are associated with a Change Management or Incident Management ticket, the links to access the two types (Incident or Change), function differently. One opens in a new window and the other opens in the same window. To see the error:
1. Login to Servicedesk and create Change & Incident Tickets. Make sure they have associated equipment selections.
2. Login to SMP Console
3. Click Manage, Select Computers
4. Expand Organizational View>Expand Default > Expand All resources> Expand Network Resource, Click Computer (using the same equipment associated in step 1)
5. Right-Click & Show Changes Report > Click on the URL to View Change
6. Right-Click & Show Incident Report > Click on the URL to View Incident
You will note that the Incident Link opens in a new window, as expected, but the change request does not.
Both the Links should Open in a New Tab
Incorrect reference in the ServiceDesk_reports.config on the SMP
There is an updated ServiceDesk_reports.config file that has been tested & confirmed to resolve the issue. The file is found here, and also in KB TECH212326.
To apply the fix:
1. Go to %programfiles%\Altiris\ServiceDesk\Config and backup the existing ServiceDesk_reports.config file.
2. Copy the new ServiceDesk_reports.config file into this location.
3. In a command prompt window go to %programfiles%\Altiris\Notification Server\Bin.
4. Run the following command aexconfig /configure "C:\program files\Altiris\ServiceDesk\Config\ServiceDesk.config"