A Maintenance Pack is required to deliver the enhancements and fixes for Control Compliance Suite version 11.0
The Product Update (PU) 2014-1 delivers the following new capabilities and enhancements to Control Compliance Suite 11.0:
· New – Discovery
o Network Discovery job
The Network Discovery job uses the network address and subnet mask of a network to discover the subnets within a network.
o Asset Discovery job
The Asset discovery job scans the network to discover all assets in the selected network.
· New - Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)
o CCS adopts the Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) suite of specifications, which is a validation program defined by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
§ Control Compliance Suite now also adheres to the SCAP 1.2 specification that comprises the following components:
· Extensible Configuration Checklist Description Format (XCCDF) 1.2
· Open Vulnerability and Assessment Language (OVALR) 5.10.1
· Common Configuration Enumeration (CCE.) 5
· Common Platform Enumeration (CPE.) 2.3
· Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVER)
· Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) 2.0
· Asset Identification 1.1
· Asset Reporting Format (ARF) 1.1
§ Support for OVAL definition version 5.3 to version 5.10.1 is now added for SCAP 1.2.
§ The evaluation results of the SCAP 1.2 data streams can now be exported to any of the following formats:
· OVAL Thin
· OVAL Full (with system characteristics)
· OVAL Full (without system characteristics)
§ CCS supports valid TIER IV SCAP 1.2 content including the following content that is published by NIST in the National Checklist Program (NCP) repository:
· USGCB Internet Explorer 7 (2.0.x.0)
· USGCB Internet Explorer 8 (1.2.x.0)
· USGCB Windows 7 (1.2.x.0)
· USGCB Windows 7 Firewall (1.2.x.0)
· USGCB Windows Vista (2.0.x.0)
· USGCB Windows Vista Firewall (2.0.x.0)
· USGCB Windows XP Firewall (2.0.x.0)
· USGCB Windows XP (2.0.x.0)
· New –Services and APIs in the Integration Support Services
o The ISCAPExportService is now added to expose the APIs that export SCAP evaluation results into various export formats like Asset Reporting Format (ARF) or Cyberscope xml.
§ The following APIs have been added to the ISCAPExportService for the SCAP module:
o The ISCAPJobService is now added to expose the APIs that create SCAP evaluation jobs and OVAL evaluation jobs.
§ The following APIs have been added to the ISCAPJobService for the SCAP module:
· Enhanced - Agent Product Update
o The Agent Product Update (APU) can now be applied to the agents using LiveUpdate.
For more details on the new features and enhancements, refer to the PU 2014-1 Readme.
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required to Subscribe
Thanks for your feedback. Let us know if you have additional comments below. (requires login)
This will clear the history and restart the chat.