As with the various servers (Discover, Monitor, Prevent), the Endpoint Agent as a default setting of 30MB, expressed in bits as 31457280. This is to keep resource usage low when cracking files, a larger file will require significantly more resources than a smaller one.
There are two scenarios in which you may wish to change this value:
1. Your client has a need to crack files of a larger size than the default, or
2. You are attempting to troubleshoot the use of resources on a machine with the Agent installed; the edpa.exe is likely using too much CPU and memory.
To change this setting:
1. Log in to Enforce and point at System and choose Agent Configuration
2. Click "default configuration" unless the client is using a custom-made one, in which case, click it
3. Click Advanced Agent Settings and scroll down and search for:
4. Change the value as necessary. The formula for converting megabytes to bits is:
M x 1024 x 1024, where M is the MB target.
10MB is 10485760
30MB is 31457280
50MB is 52428800
5. Save changes and wait a few moments for the configuration to propagate to the Endpoint
Imported Document ID: TECH220463
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.