Trying to scan a Sharepoint server using the DLP v11 crawler; the scan fails with an error "the DLP Solution cannot be found on the Web Front End server."
There are two main items that can cause this issue:
A) If the Symantec_DLP_Solution has NOT been installed on a Web Front End server.
B) If you have not given a port number in the scan link.
For item A, you need to verify that the DLP Solution has been installed on the Web Front End Server. If the installer has been run, then you must verify it installed correctly. First, follow these steps:
1. Connect to Sharepoint Central Administration. On the Sharepoint server, click Start>All Programs>Administrative Tools>Sharepoint Central Administration.
* For Sharepoint 2007, click the Operations tab. In the Global Configuration section, select Solution Management.
* For Sharepoint 2010, click System Settings. Then select Manage Farm Solutions
2. Verify the deployment. If the solution is installed correctly, the list includes "symantec_dlp_solution.wsp".
3. If the solution must be removed, use the Sharepoint retract and undeploy features.