After Delta Software Inventory execution uninstalled software resource is reported in Inv_AddRemoveProgram database table with two entries: InstallFlag 1 and InstallFlag 0.
Last Updated May 21, 2015
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install for instance 7-zip or Winzip on a client resource
2. Collect Full Software Inventory. You should see the software populated in Inv_AddRemoveProgram
3. Uninstall 7-zip and collect Delta Software Inventory
4. If you check Inv_AddRemoveProgram you should have 7-zip records with InstallFlag 0 and 1 until you collect Full Inventory again. Expected result is to have only one record with InstallFlag 0.
Symantec development is aware of this issue. We have a pointfix for 7.1 SP2 MP1 created on top of Rollup v10 which is attached to this KB. Please Note: You will need to install the Rollup v10 for your 7.1 SP2 MP1 installation before you apply the pointfix.
HOW TO INSTALL THIS POINTFIX?
1. Log in as administrator 2. Retrive files from the archive to the NS hard drive. 3. Click on PFinstaller.exe 4. Click install files button