When an Inventory Policy, Task, or command-line execution is run, register and unregister pop-ups appear for InvProvider.dll, and Inventory is not successfully gathered.
This is a known issue.
A Point-fix has been created for this issue.
Installed Inventory 7.1 SP2 MP1 V10
HOW TO INSTALL THIS POINTFIX
On Server Side:-
1. Extract files from the archive to NS machine. Make sure PointFix is not extracted to Altiris directory (or any subfolder to it).
2. Execute PFInstaller.exe file with administrative privileges (right-click > Run as administrator).If UAC is enabled then accept UAC if prompted. Select ‘Install Files’ option.
3. Old files will be automatically backuped to the Backup folder at the same location where PFInstaller is and replaced with the new ones. Log-file Log.txt will be created at the same location where PFInstaller is.
4. Close PFInstaller window.
On Client Side:-
1. To apply fix on clients, Rollout Inventory Plugin Upgrade/Install policy on all clients.
2. After successful execution of plugin upgrade/install policy, Inventory Plugin should be upgraded/installed with version 7.1.7890.0 on client machines.
Note:- Inventory plugin will not be upgraded to latest version if old Inventory plugin has same version(7.1.7890)