DHCP Offer Packets are not being received by certain PXE clients
By design, the DHCP Offer Packet is 1498 bytes in length; however, there are some routers that cannot accept a packet of this size. These packets are also padded with hundreds of zeros that do not play a part in the handshake.
The DHCP Offer Packet has been decreased in size by removing unnecessary zeros in the packet, taking it from 1498 bytes to 554 bytes in length.
A Pointfix for ITMS 7.5 SP1 HF5 is attached to this article and contains an updated sbsserver.exe (18.104.22.16885). Please note that ITMS 7.6 (general availability) does not contain this binary but that ITMS 7.6 HF1 will.
HOW TO INSTALL THIS POINTFIX:
On x64\x86 Server with SBS plug-in installed:
1. Extract files from the archive to the hard drive. Make sure the Pointfix is not extracted to the Altiris install directory (or any sub-folder to it).
2. Execute PFInstaller2.exe with administrative privileges. If UAC is enabled, accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.
3. In the pop-up window that opens, choose to delete or keep the archive.
4. Click Install. This will install the Pointfix on x64\x86 servers with the SBS plug-in installed.
5. Close PFInstaller window.
HOW TO UNINSTALL THIS POINTFIX:
On x64\x86 server with SBS plug-in installed:
1. Make sure that the Backup sub-folder is located in PFinstaller’s directory.
2. Execute PFInstaller2.exe with administrative privileges. IF UAC is enabled, accept UAC (User Account Control) prompt. Select the Uninstall option.
3. Old binaries will be repaired from Backup folder located at the same location where PFinstaller is. Altiris services should be started automatically.