Windows version of Symantec Mail Security for Domino (SMSDOM) 8.1.2 and earlier will no longer be able to utilize version 4 (v4) Rapid Release (RR) or Intelligent Updater (IU) definition packages after April 15th, 2016.
SMSDOM 8.1.2 (and below versions) consume Rapid Release and Intelligent Updater virus definition through version 4 (v4) definition packages. As of April 15th, 2016 all versions older than SMSDOM 8.1.2 will no longer be able to obtain version 4 (v4) definition packages.
Symantec is depreciating the usage of v4 definition packages and is requiring all Symantec Mail Security for Domino (SMSDOM) solutions to utilize v5 definition packages.
This article provides detailed steps to modify SMSDOM for consumption of V5 virus definition packages for Intelligent Updater (IU) and Rapid Release (RR) by downloading the package named “smsdom_rapidrelease.zip” and applying the steps below.
Applicable versions are:
SMSDOM v 8.0.0 to 8.0.9
SMSDOM v 8.1.0 to 8.1.2
This article is not applicable:
If your SMSDOM is installed on AIX
If you are using SMSDOM v 8.1.3 or above. SMSDOM v 8.1.3 & later are already compatible with v5 packages.
If you are not using Intelligent Updater (IU) or Rapid Release (RR) to update the definitions for SMSDOM.
Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 runtime redistributable from following location and restart the server. https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=8328
How to deploy the package:
1. Extract smsdom_rapidrelease.zip attached to this article.
2. For SMSDOM 32bit –
1. Stop Domino Server.
2. Copy the IU folder from SMSDOMRR32Bit to SMSDOM install directory. e.g. C:\Program Files\Symantec\SMSDOM\
3. Take a backup of RR folder from SMSDOM install directory.
4. Copy the RR folder from SMSDOMRR32Bit to SMSDOM install directory.
5. Edit “RapidRelease.BAT” in a text editor(Notepad) and replace <InstallDir> to SMSDOM install directory path and save the file.
6. Take a backup of the registry before proceeding next step.
7. On 32bit Windows, create following keys at registry location - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\IntelligentUpdater\LocalDLLs