STE is 'crashing' showing error 'The server has not responded to status
requests' and the Streamlet Engine has to be restarted to avoid any further
disruption to the end users.
Getting "Exception in thread thread_name: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC Overhead limit exceeded" on the production STE Server
The default garbage collection on java is not as effecient as the
Symantec is aware of this issue and has fixed this in 7.6 HF2
How to add a new Java parameter or value:
2. Determine the highest number or value for all the registry entries
named "JVM Option Number x"
example: JVM Option Number 18
3. Ensure the value in parenthesis for the "JVM Option Count" registry entry is
one cardinal number higher than the highest "JVM Option Count" number
4. Now modify the "JVM Option Count" registry entry to the next cardinal number
example: from 0x00000013(19) to 0x00000013(20)
5. Create a new "String Value" named "JVM Option Number x" where x is the next
cardinal option number
example: JVM Option Number 19
6. Modify the newly created string and give it a "Decimal" value (under 'Value
data') of "-XX:-UseConcMarkSweepGC" (without the quotes)
7. Reboot the server or restart all SWS Services
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.