When using the Control Compliance Suite console an error is received and you want to see further details about the error.
If you need to enable verbose logs in CCS application or manager server: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH236436
If you need to enable verbose logs in CCS agent http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH236437
To enable verbose console logs:
1. While CCS console is open, open the Windows task manager 2. Find the "Symantec Console (32bit)" 3. Right click, select "open file location" 4. Close CCS console. 5. Navigate to "C:\ProgramData\Symantec.CSM\Logs\SymConsole" remove old logs. 6. Going back to the file location you opened....make a backup and then edit the file called "SymConsole.exe.config" 7. Change the following line:
<add key="Log.Severity" value="Warning" />
<add key="Log.Severity" value="Verbose" />
8. Save edited file and then restart the CCS console
9. Reproduce issue
10. Collect the logs from: "C:\ProgramData\Symantec.CSM\Logs\SymConsole"
11. Send logs to Symantec Support
12. Restore the original SymConsole.exe.config file and restart the console
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.