Can I use PacketShaper's RADIUS feature with Cisco Secure ACS (for Windows)?
Last Updated May 13, 2017
I have Cisco Secure Access Control Server (ACS) and was wondering if I can use it with PacketShaper's RADIUS feature.
Yes, you can. Please follow the steps below.
Note: Below is an example from version 3.0 and works in 4.0 as well. There is a minor change in the file location "C:\Program Files\CiscoSecure ACS v4.1\bin".
Create a User Defined Vendor
First, you need to create a User Defined Vendor.
1. Create a text file (
packet.ini) and enter the following:
[User Defined Vendor]
2. Name the file
Add the Vendor to the Database
Next, you need to add the above vendor to the database.
1. Go to the command prompt, and change the directory to the Cisco Secure utils directory (typically C:\Program Files\CiscoSecure ACS v3.0\Utils).
2. The instructions below install the vendor into User Defined slot 0. If you have other vendors, you need to change this number to a free slot. To see a list of slots and their assignments, use the csutil -listudv command. For example:
Adding or removing vendors requires ACS services to be re-started. Please make sure regedit is not running as it can prevent registry backup/restore operations Are you sure you want to proceed? (y/n)y Parsing [c:\temp\packet.ini] for addition at UDV slot  Stopping any running services Creating backup of current config Adding Vendor [Packeteer] added as [RADIUS (Packeteer)] Adding VSA [Packeteer-AVPair] Done Checking new configuration... New configuration OK Re-starting stopped services
4. Return to ACS Admin and select Network Configuration. From the main screen, select Network Configuration and add the PacketShaper by supplying the AAA client Hostname, IP address, Key. Scroll through the Authenticate Using choices and select RADIUS (Packeteer).
5. Go to Interface Setup, and enable Packeteer-AVPair from RADIUS (Packeteer)
6. From the main screen, select User Setup and enter a user name for a Touch or Look access user to PacketShaper. Supply the PAP/CHAP password. Leave other fields at defaults and scroll to the bottom of the form. Be sure the Packeteer-AVPair box is selected and supply either "access=touch" or "access=look" in the available entry space.
Imported Document ID: 000008355
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required to Subscribe