After installing a new replacement hard disk, the PacketShaper goes into a reboot loop. This might happen on any PacketShaper model.
1. During bootup, press Ctrl-Y to go into Boot Monitor mode.
2. Select J to perform a hardware reset. The PacketShaper will reboot, and a new menu will be displayed.
3. Select C to mount the disk. (Reboot and return to Boot Monitor Hard Disk mounted for maintenance). The PacketShaper will reboot again and come back into Boot Monitor mode.
4. Select H to reformat the hard disk.
5. Once the disk is formatted, select J again to perform a hardware reset.
5. This time, select option A (Reboot and load PacketWise) and the PacketShaper will load without looping.
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required to Subscribe
PS-10000, PS-7500, PS-3500, PS-1700, PS-900
Thanks for your feedback. Let us know if you have additional comments below. (requires login)
This will clear the history and restart the chat.