Use these troubleshooting tips to determine why ME data is not being collected:
1. Make sure the required services are running:
The PostgreSQL Database Server 8.2 and PacketeerIntelligenceCenter services must both be running on the server where IntelligenceCenter is installed.
The PostgreSQL Database Server 8.2, PacketeerDataCollector, and PacketeerCollectorAgent services must all be running on the server where DataCollector is installed.
2. Make sure that DataCollector and the PacketShapers are configured to use a time server and that the current time is in sync.
For instructions on checking the SNTP server configuration and the current time on the PacketShapers, refer to Modify Date and Time Settings in PacketGuide for PacketWise.
To check the SNTP server configuration and the current time on DataCollector, check the Windows Date and Time Properties dialog box on the server where DataCollector is installed.
For best results, configure the PacketShapers to use the DataCollector as their SNTP server.
3. Check for connectivity problems:
Make sure that DataCollector and IntelligenceCenter can ping each other (if they're installed on separate servers).
Make sure DataCollector and the PacketShapers can ping each other.
Make sure IntelligenceCenter and the PacketShapers can ping each other.
4. Verify the PacketShaper configuration information from within IntelligenceCenter:
Make sure that the PacketShaper has been added to the Network Topology.
Select the PacketShaper object in the Network Topology and verify that the Software Version, Serial Number, IP Address, and Port values are correct. If this information is not correct, you should remove the Shaper from IntelligenceCenter and readd it after verifying connectivity between the devices.
6. Make sure the XML/HTTP requests from DataCollector are reaching the PacketShaper.
Make sure the PacketShaper is not configured to refuse HTTP traffic.
Make sure the XML or HTTP traffic is not being dropped due to a policy on the PacketShaper.
Make sure the PacketShaper is configured to use port 80 as it's HTTP port and that the port is not being blocked by your firewall.
7. Verify that the DataCollector configuration from within IntelligenceCenter is correct:
Make sure DataCollector has been added to the Network Topology.
On the DataCollector Data Sources tab, make sure that the PacketShapers have been added as data sources and that the Metric checkbox has been checked.
Make sure the DataCollector has been running for at least two times the length of the query interval (the query interval is displayed on the DataCollector Configuration tab).
8. If ME data collection is still not working, check the collector log. The collector log is located in the \log directory in the DataCollector installation location (C:\Packeteer\DataCollector by default). There is a separate log file for each day of the week; the file is named collector_.log. Look for Error messages.
9. If DataCollector isn't collecting from a specific PacketShaper, make sure that the time zone that is set on the PacketShaper matches the time zone that is configured for the P
Imported Document ID: 000016593
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.