This article covers the calibration process for the resistive touch panel of the ICSP Scanner Station screen.
The touchscreen does not properly respond when touching smaller buttons and you have to touch the screen next to the actual button display. The ICSP Scanner station comes with a pre-calibrated screen. In rare cases this will not be as precise as you might wish so you can adjust using this guide.
You need to attach a USB Keyboard to your Scanner Station.
1. Press CTRL+ALT+F2 to switch to a terminal window, so you can login as root with the admin user’s password.
2. Once logged in run this command: DISPLAY=:0 /usr/sbin/gCal 4 /etc/penmount/penmount.dat
You should see this on the command prompt: PenMount: Using X RandRExtension 1.3
3. Then switch terminals again by hitting CTRL+ALT+F8 to you get back to the primary terminal that usually shows the ICSP user interface. You will see a white screen with a pulsing crosshair in the upper left corner of the screen.
4. Now tap the marked crosshair icon as precisely as possible and repeat this in all four corners of the display, to finish the calibration procedure.
5. Once you see the ICSP Screen again you have finished. Switch Terminals again (CTRL+ALT+F2) so you can see the command prompt again.
6. The command prompt should show this: [Penmount] Loading config file /etc/penmount/penmount.dat OK !
This means that the calibration was successful.
Imported Document ID: 000018915
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.
Thanks for your feedback. Let us know if you have additional comments below. (requires login)
Subscribed to the Article.
Unable to subscribe
Thanks for your additional feedback !!!
Enterprise Support Virtual Agent
Rate Me :
Tell us more:
Welcome! My name is Sami, the Enterprise Support Virtual Agent answering technical support questions.