This article describes a rare problem that can occur when installing XOS using the Install Server or USBI.This article describes a rare problem that can occur when installing XOS using the Install Server or USBI.
The following symptoms characterize the problem:
1. During the XOS installation, the following error message appears:
/usr/share/fonts: failed to write cache
error: %post(fontconfig-2.4.1-7.el5.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
Exec'ed program error
install-xos: rpm_install_release failed
2. The installation terminates at this point. After rebooting the CPM, the following error message appears:
GRUB loading, please wait...
3. The boot process then freezes.
This problem may result from a corrupted CMOS setting caused by a malfunctioning battery on the CPM motherboard.
To work around this issue, try the following, in this order:
Retry the Installation
1. Reboot the CPM and press DEL during the boot to enter the BIOS setup.
2. Check the date and time and load the Optimal Default Settings.
3. Save the settings into CMOS memory.
4. Reboot the CPM and run the XOS installer again.
Replace the CMOS Battery
If the installation continues to fail, you may need to replace the CMOS battery.
Follow the replacement procedure described in the
X80-S Platform Hardware Installation Guide, chapter 5,
Replacing a Module Battery. When the battery has been replaced, follow the procedure above to install XOS.
If the Installation continues to fail, please contact Crossbeam Customer Support for further investigation as the CPM may need to be replaced.
Imported Document ID: 000019174
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.