This article describes the method to change the VRRP mac-usage with Check Point VSX.N/A
Changing the VRRP mac-usage (from
interface or vice-versa) on a VSX implementation.
It is possible to change the mac-usage (default vrrp-map) with VSX implementation.
You will need to configure this for every VRRP virtual-router created by the VSX application.
Changing the VSX template virtual-routers isn't enough since existing VS'es will not inherit this property.
To make this change safely under VRRP cluster:
1. Disconnect standby chassis or disable VRRP.
2. Make changes on that chassis
3. Disconnect the primary chassis and connect the standby chassis back.
4. Make changes on the primary chassis.
5. Failover traffic back to primary chassis
Imported Document ID: 000019343
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.