Sometimes after customizing a profile on the Malware Analysis Appliance (MAA) and attempting to build the profile, it will progress to xx% and then seem to hang. The customization to the profile has already been completed. However, there is no way to cancel the building of a profile from the GUI. But it can be done from the command line using the RAPI commands. This can also happen if the server is rebooted in the middle of a profile build.
To cancel the build process and restart it, do the following:
1. SSH to the appliance as the g2 user and then '
sudo su -' to connect at the mag2 (root) user.
2. Run the following command to list all of the profiles:
The output will look like this for each profile you have:
3. Look for the profile in question by looking at the "short_name" or by seeing which profile has a "vm_profiles_progress" of a number other than 100. Typically the number will be somewhere between 0 and 70. Make note of the vm_profiles_vmp_id. In the above example, the vm_profiles_vmp_id is
4. Restart the ivmcontrold process:
supervisorctl restart ivmcontrold
5. Manually set the state of the profile to 7. In the above example, the state of the profile was a 2:
curl -X POST -d "state=7" localhost/rapi/system/vm/profiles/vm_profiles_vmp_id (where
vm_profiles_vmp_id is the number noted from Step 3)
6. Start the build process again making sure you replace vm_profiles_vmp_id with the correct number:
curl -X POST localhost/rapi/system/vm/profiles/vm_profiles_vmp_id/build
7. Use the
curl localhost/rapi/system/vm/profiles command to watch the progress of the build (
vm_profiles_progress). You should be able to watch the build process from the GUI as well.
Imported Document ID: 000022223
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.
Thanks for your feedback. Let us know if you have additional comments below. (requires login)
Subscribed to the Article.
Unable to subscribe
Thanks for your additional feedback !!!
Enterprise Support Virtual Agent
Rate Me :
Tell us more:
Welcome! My name is Sami, the Enterprise Support Virtual Agent answering technical support questions.