You cannot stream video on tvb.com, mytv.tvb.com, or
news.tvb.com. In addition, you might receive one of the following errors:
In the browser: Video streaming only accessible within Hong Kong province
Unable to connect to server, please try again
1. Client IP address is not in Hong Kong If you receive the error
Video streaming only accessible within Hong Kong province in the browser and
are accessing within Hong Kong province, you may also receive a message Sorry, due to copyright restrictions contract, it is not able to provide service in your area (displayed in Chinese language).
As stated in the TVB FAQ,
http://mytv.tvb.com/faq.html, video streaming is only accessible within Hong Kong province because HTTP
X-forwarded-for is enabled. It provides the originating client IP address as the value, so that the upstream or origin content server (OCS) can track this information. In this case, it determined the requestor as not originating from an Hong Kong IP address.
2. Port 1935 restriction If you receive the errorUnable to connect to server, please try again, the media type of the application playing video streams on mytv.tvb.com uses x-shockwave-flash. Refer to
http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-media-server/kb/ports-firewalls-flash-media-server.html, as it's articular how flash player automatically attempts to connect to flash media server over multiple port that depending on the coding specified by the web site coder or administrator or webmaster. On the packet analysis, we notice that Flash Player attempts to connect directly over tcp port 1935 . If a connection is not made, Flash Player attempts to connect directly using port 80.
3. Direct connection to OCS For news.tvb.com, the connection tries to go direct to the OCS via HTTP or HTTPS.
1. Install policy to not send the client IP address to the OCS.
<Proxy> condition=MyTvTVB action.Tvb_Header(yes)
define condition MyTvTVB url.host.substring="mytv.tvb.com" url.domain="tvb.com" end condition MyTvTVB
define action Tvb_Header delete(request.header.X-Forwarded-For) end action Tvb_Header
2. Open port 1935 on the firewall to allow certain IP address(es) to use this port to communicate with mytv.tvb.com.