In CacheFlow version 3.4.x, the appliance requires that a license is installed in order to process traffic. If the appliance can access
https://device-services.es.bluecoat.com, the license will be downloaded and installed automatically the first time it boots, or with the CLI command, #license check-now. If the CacheFlow appliance is running 3.4.x and does not have a license, its traffic handling behavior is determined by the resource-overflow-action setting (either bypass or drop).
- Please check the following:
1) The CacheFlow appliance is able to access the domain "device-services.es.bluecoat.com" over TCP_443
2) The CacheFlow "appliance-key" keyring is present and valid
3) Attempt to manually download the license with the command #license check-now
- If the above are checked to be valid, please log a case with Blue Coat support and include the following information:
1) Output for the following command:
2) PCAP filtered by:
ip host expr "host device-services.es.bluecoat.com or port 53 or icmp or arp"
- Here are new Licensing related commands that are introduced in CacheFlow version 3.4.x:
Explicit request for the license key from Blue Coat
#inline license eof_marker
Manually inline the license file
Download and install the license key specified in the license path
#(config) license path url
Specify network path to download the license key
#(config) license no path
Clears network path to download the license key
Displays the license information
Imported Document ID: 000028308
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.
Thanks for your feedback. Let us know if you have additional comments below. (requires login)
Subscribed to the Article.
Unable to subscribe
Thanks for your additional feedback !!!
Enterprise Support Virtual Agent
Rate Me :
Tell us more:
Welcome! My name is Sami, the Enterprise Support Virtual Agent answering technical support questions.