PacketShaper uses the Blue Coat Authentication and Authorization Agent (BCAAA) to resolve IP addresses to user names so that it can classify and report on network users and user groups. BCAAA is a separate software package supplied to Blue Coat customers who have a valid support contract.
- Get a software package such as Wireshark (http://www.wireshark.org/download.html) and install it on the BCAAA server.
- To start packet capture, go to the menu
Capture > Interfaces and click
Start at the interface that has packets running.
- Reproduce the issue (proceed to step 3 below)
- Then stop the packet capture:
Capture > Stop - Save the file:
File > Save
3. Perform a BCAAA server test with PCAP and sys e d output. Enter the following PacketShaper CLI commands:
packet remove all packet add host:172.17.20.59 packet on sys e c sys e set bcaaa blurt setup bcaaa show host info <Client IP> setup bcaaa server-test <IP> sys e d sys e d setup bcaaa show packet off
(Note the location of the packet capture file, save the copy locally, and upload it to Blue Coat).
4. TS.ZIP file:
- Access the unit via telnet and perform the following commands. Send Blue Coat the command output and complete TS.zip file.
# ver ver; date; uptime; set show; banner show; # rm -f 9.256/cmd/ts-cmd.cmd; rm -f 9.258/ts.zip; setup capture portable ts-cmd.cmd zip -q 9.258/ts.zip startup.cmd zip -rq 9.258/ts.zip 9.258/diag zip -rq 9.258/ts.zip 9.256/log zip -q 9.258/ts.zip 9.256/cfg/config.ldi zip -rq 9.258/ts.zip 9.256/cmd #
You can retrieve the TS.zip file in the 9.258/ folder via FTP or the via the File Browser in the PacketShaper Advanced UI. You can right-click the filename and to save it to your local workstation, and then upload the command output file and TS.zip file as file attachments to the support case.
5. Capture the command output of "set l", "whoami" and "ipconfig" from the client PC.
6. Obtain the bcaaa.ini and sso.ini from the BCAAA installation folder.
Imported Document ID: 000028800
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.