When an SSLVA is replaced, for example through RMA, a newer version of the SSLVA might be shipped along with an updated BIOS firmware.
In some environments, it might be required to strictly run certain versions of SSL Visibility Appliance. In this scenario, the SSLVA would need to be downgraded to the version approved by your organization. As the new BIOS might not be compatible with an earlier SSLVA software, it will result in the Front Panel LCD displaying the following :
Firmware check:Mismatch(VERSION MISMATCH)!
To downgrade from SV 22.214.171.124 to SV 3.8.6-4, the following process should be followed :
1. Install SV 3.8.6-11 if possible.
2. Execute the "bios update" command from the CLI Console.
3. The firmware version mismatch should go away.
4. Install SV 3.8.6-4.
1. If it is not possible to install SV 3.8.6-11, downgrade to SV 3.8.6-4 instead.
2. Upgrade to SV 3.8.6-11.
3. Execute the "bios update" command from the CLI Console.
4. The firmware version mismatch should go away.
5. Install SV 3.8.6-4 now.
Imported Document ID: 000029526
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.
Thanks for your feedback. Let us know if you have additional comments below. (requires login)
Subscribed to the Article.
Unable to subscribe
Thanks for your additional feedback !!!
Enterprise Support Virtual Agent
Rate Me :
Tell us more:
Welcome! My name is Sami, the Enterprise Support Virtual Agent answering technical support questions.