Data Center Security Server and Server Advanced FAQ
Last Updated May 10, 2019
You need answers on Data Center Security Server (DCS) and Server Advanced (DCS:SA) questions.
1) What is the difference between Server edition and Server Advanced editions?
- DCS Server edition contains the Symantec Virtual Appliance (SVA) installed on VMWare infrastructure and is providing the Agentless AV scanning of Guest Virtual Machines (GVM). - DCS Server Advanced edition is adding to the SVA, the Agentbased protection of physical machines. - Please note that Windows Client OS support has been removed in DCS (WIndows XP, XPe, 7, 8, 10) and it has been moved to product called SES CSP.
2) For installing Agents and pushing down Policies, do we need Server Advanced edition or Server edition will do?
- For installing Agents you need Advanced edition. - IPS and IDS Policies can be applied in Server Advanced edition - Agentless AV scanning is available in Server edition
3) For version 6.7, do we require to install Unified Management Console for it to manage and push detection/prevention Policies to Agents? If not, what are the components required to do that?
- Yes in DCS 6.7 you need to install UMC. - The DCS version 6.6 and above requires UMC to apply IPS and IDS Policies to Agents. - The DCS 6.5 was the last version, which could work only with Java Console.
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required to Subscribe