RHEL 7 introduced systemd for service management. We hereby demonstrate procedure how to enable and disable CSAPI logging for SPE under systemd.
enable CSAPI logging
1. stop SPE service
# systemctl stop symcscan
2. create an override file for SPE.
# systemctl edit symcscan
It will start editor and will be saved as "override.conf" under "/etc/systemd/system/symcscan.service.d" directory.
3. add environment variables to enable CSAPI logging in override file.
[Service] Environment="CSAPI_DEBUG_LOG=/var/log/csapi.log" Environment="CSAPI_DEBUG_LEVEL=5" Environment="CSAPI_DEBUG_FILE_SIZE_LIMIT=104857600" Environment="CSAPI_DEBUG_SECTION=32767"
4. restart SPE service. Please be noted that restarting service with init.d script will not take change into effect.
# systemctl start symcscan
5. make certain that symcscan daemon's environment variables are set and log file is being opened.
# strings /proc/`pidof -s symcscan`/environ|grep -i ^csapi CSAPI_DEBUG_LOG=/var/log/csapi.log CSAPI_DEBUG_SECTION=32767 CSAPI_DEBUG_FILE_SIZE_LIMIT=104857600 CSAPI_DEBUG_LEVEL=5
# ls -l /proc/`pidof -s symcscan`/fd|grep csapi lrwx------ 1 root root 64 Feb 12 14:47 23 -> /var/log/csapi.log
disable CSAPI logging
2. comment out "Environment" lines in override file with "#".
3. so as to reflect change in override file, execute reload.
# systemctl daemon-reload
4. restart SPE service
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required to Subscribe
Thanks for your feedback. Let us know if you have additional comments below. (requires login)
This will clear the history and restart the chat.