What are the account privileges and requirements needed to enable the Salesforce Securlet on a CloudSOC account?
The following five requirements must be met in order to enable the Salesforce Securlet on our CloudSOC account:
● You must have one of the following Salesforce editions:
○ Group Edition ○ Professional Edition (EU cloud only) ○ Enterprise Edition ○ Unlimited Edition ○ Performance Edition
● You must have System Admin privileges for your Salesforce account. ● You must have administrative privileges for your CloudSOC account. ● If you have IP restrictions in effect on your Salesforce account, you must do one of the following before you can successfully activate the Securlet:
○ Add IP ranges to the System Administrator account (US cloud installations only), then activate the Securlet. ○ Activate the Securlet and install its app, relax IP restrictions for the app, and then re-activate the Securlet.
-> Note: See the IP restrictions section in the Salesforce Securlet TechNotes for more information.
● The email address you use as the username for the administrator login on your Salesforce account must be exactly the same as the email address that you use as your CloudSOC username. Furthermore, this email address must be within the primary or secondary domains listed for your CloudSOC account. To confirm, login to CloudSOC, go to the gear icon on the top right corner, then to General, and check your domains as shown below.
-> Note: If necessary, contact Symantec Support via MySymantec to add additional secondary domains.
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.