Aging servers need to be replaced. If you need to swap out a Site Server here are the instructions to do so.
1. On the OLD Site Server, save the folders in the package delivery folder, by default the folder is: C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Package Delivery
2. Delete the snapshot and snapdata xml files from each subdirectory in the Package Delivery folder in the back up just taken.
3. Optional - From the console, delete the computer resource (old Site Server) Manage > Computers All Computer Views > All Computers right-click on computer, select delete
4. Make sure New Site Server is same Name AND Domain as old Site Server and then install the Altiris Agent. You could copy the AeXNSC.exe over from the NS’s NSCap location. Location: XX:\Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server\NSCap\bin\Win32\X86\NS Client Package
4b. Watch and make sure that the Agent registers and gets a GUID.
5. IF you deleted the Site Server in step 3 then perform these steps: From the console, start process to reinstall site server components to the site server. Settings > Notification Server > Site Server Settings Add > Site Server Select the site server Select site server components to install (i.e.Package and Task Services)
6. From the console, run a delta membership update
7. From the site server, update configuration; confirm that package service installs.
6. Stop Altiris agent and then Copy the Package Delivery folder from step 1 to the proper installation directory.
cd "C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\" AeXAgentUtil.exe /stop ... copy folder over AeXAgentUtil.exe /start
At this point the package server agent should be installed and synchronizing the packages with the NS. Therest of the plug-ins should install once the package server agent finishes its automated procedures.
Allow the NS to run its normal scheduled tasks overnight.
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.