The following error was visible when attempting to restart the DS Services:
Unable to verify specified user, domain and password.
The following error was seen when trying to start PXE Configuration Utility.
Altiris PXE Services are not installed Properly
The path to the Boot Disk Creator was not a valid path.
The following might be in the PXE Manager log: "IsWinUNCReady: Different error reported: "
1. DS Service Account was removed from the NTFS Permissions on the Express Share
2. Another cause for the Bootworks path error - if the Bootwiz folder was inadvertently moved into another folder, it can cause this error to occur.
3. A Microsoft security patch has prevented the Local System account from accessing any network paths.
In some cases, number 3 can be caused or triggered by another application. BESR (Backup Exec System Recovery) running has triggered this in one recorded case, but the solution #3 still resolved the issue.
1. Add the NTFS Permissions back to the Express share for the DS Services account.
2. Move the Bootwiz folder back to it's correct location. (Directly under the eXpress share, Usually Program Files\Altiris\eXpress\Deployment Server)
3. Either change the PXE Manager from using Local System to using a service user account, OR modify the PXEManager.ini and change the DataStorePath=\\<dsserver>\eXpress\PXE to DataStorePath="C:\Program Files\Altiris\eXpress\Deployment Server\PXE"
Deployment Server 6.x
Imported Document ID: TECH40402
Subscribing will provide email updates when this Article is updated. Login is required.