KNOWN ISSUE: Win32 console crashes when attempting to DS Remote Control 4 or more clients separately in its own window
Last Updated September 15, 2009
1. Select four or more computers in the Win32 console.
2. Right-click and choose DS Remote Control
3. Choose to control the computers in separate windows.
4. The console will crash and close with no prompt.
(Note: the number of remote sessions varies, but this situation was reproduced with four.)
This is a known issue that is under investigation.
Symantec has released an official hotfix.
Shutdown all eXpress consoles and follow the steps below::
1. In the eXpress share on the DS Server, drag & drop the eXpress.exe file to the same location.This will create a file Copy of eXpress.exe.Rename Copy of eXpress.exe to eXpress.exe.6.9.437.LIC .
2.Rename eXpress.exe to eXpress.6.9.430.bak.
3.Download express.zip from this KB and extract eXpress.exe to the express share.
4.Run the “Product Licensing Utility” on the Deployment Solution server.On the opening screen, browse to the file referenced in step 1, eXpress.exe.6.9.437.LIC and select it.Click on “Next”, this will display the licensing information that has been compiled into eXpress.exe during precious licensing updates.Click “Next”, and note at this point, in some instances it has taken a long period for the next screen to appear.This is the screen that states “The following program files will be licensed with the key you have selected.”It should show the path to the new eXpress.exe, and the PTCLIC.DAT.it is not necessary to check the box “Replace all existing license Activation Keys with this new Activation Key.”Click “Next”, and that will bring you to the final screen.Click “Done”.
This concludes the installation process for the patch installation.
NOTE: The executable attached to this KB also resolves KB 49657.