Instructions for generating a standard SMC debug log for a Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) client are needed.
1. Open the client user interface
2. Click the
Help and Support
in the left pane
5. Click the
Edit Debug Log Settings
button under Client Management
6. Check the
7. Set the desired settings (you may need to increase the log file size if you intend to run for a long period)
11. Type: smc -stop
13. Wait for the shield in the taskbar to disappear
15. Type: smc -start
17. The following screenshots outline the above procedure.
18. The "debug.log" file is saved to the "%ProgramFiles%\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection" folder
Please note that you should disable debugging when complete